Day 12 August 30, 2018

After a long day of traveling back in to the U.S. I must admit that this is a bitter sweet day. While we are all happy to head home to our family and friends it is sad to say goodbye to Australia and all that this country has to offer, although it is sad to say goodbye to our group I am very happy that we get to part ways having gotten to know each other a little better. During this trip we have not just experienced the Australian culture but we have had a chance to learn the background and culture of everyone on this trip.

As our plan departs today I find myself reflecting on all the we have experienced and it is hard to say which experience will be the most memorable, The TAFE college and it’s staff, our host family and their Australian hospitality, the mountains and the beautiful scenery, the ocean views and calming waves, or the unique animal encounters we were so fortunate to experience.

During this trip we have had some once in a lifetime experiences, we’ve learned a lot, we saw even more, had cultural aboriginal experiences and we have met some of the kindest people in Australia, and as our flight departs I must say this has been an amazing, fun, and educational trip for everyone and as we return to our family’s I am glad to say that we return with more knowledge on Australia it’s landscape and its Aboriginal people that we can share with all of our friends, family, co-workers, and class mates.

Virginia Aranda